Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 26 and 27 - Mendoza to Buenos Aires

So, Mendoza was a bit of a cop out. Lovely place but I needed some R&R so I didn't really do much yesterday. Went to the park with Pamela, Maike and Felix and ended up meeting Charlie (who I met in Bariloche) there. We went to follow the trail of football fans to take a look at the submerged stadium. Almost made it but the site of rowdy fans and police with sub machine guns and twitchy finders put us off a little. Surprise that....

I did manage to get a hot dog though. It's kind of like a chorizo sausage hot dog. Very nice.

Got the bus yesterday and arrived in Buenos Aires today feeling a little tired. I wanted to expend some energy though so I walked from the bus station to the hostel with my pack. I was pretty pleased with myself for doing that. Exercise has been at a premium the last couple of days.

So, how was my first day in Buenos Aires I hear you ask.... Well, it's been err... entertaining. After hearing about the Swine flu in Mexico City yesterday, I became a little concerned that I may be a mule of a completely different kind than is normally known in South America. I feared I was a virus waiting to erupt so I got myself checked out. Got the all clear from the Dr (a good use of 30 pounds) and then had to go to the tropical diseases hospital the other side of town as a precaution. Two bus rides and two hours later, I got the all clear. The bus journeys were an experience....

Planning to go out for a few beers this evening with Laurie who I also met in Bariloche. Will see how it goes...

Bed now... Laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The most transformational generation?

When i think about my generation I can't help feeling that we've gone through more transformational change them any since the indu...