Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Doing the do!

It makes me laugh.... I have so many things I want to achieve but I'm just a little too lazy to achieve any of them. It's ok though because I can simply blame everything on 'modern society'.

We're just so busy nowadays... we have far too much going on.... we don't leave enough time for ourselves... I would question anyone who says they've never used one of these excuses at least once.

I watched a program a few months ago. It was The Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan. One of the couples featured had a dog that didn't fit into their lives because they were 'type A' personalities... so much so that they had to keep repeating this as if they were trying to convince themselves.

It said to me that perhaps we all want to do a little more with our lives but when it gets to the 'do' part we struggle. We're very good at talking about how busy we are but we don't actually get round to doing that much. Perhaps that's me the cynic coming out again.

My view is that we're as busy as we ever have been as a people, but we just choose to spend our time differently. We also seem to spend an awful lot of time on self promotion.... the fomo culture is alive and kicking and it's all about where we're seen and who we're with along with how many photos other people can take of us and share them online. Never really been one to buy into that way of thinking...

Anyway, why am I ambling through this diatribe?? That's right, what do I want to achieve.... learn Spanish, perfect my German, do more exercise, learn the guitar, get involved in charity work, give back to the world in some way and.... and.... write a book. That's an itch I've been trying to scratch for a while. I can't shake it so I'm just going to have to do it. Maybe this will be one thing I do achieve.

Adios amigos.... Bis morgen!

The most transformational generation?

When i think about my generation I can't help feeling that we've gone through more transformational change them any since the indu...