Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 22-23 Bariloche to Mendoza

Wow, had a great day yesterday. Jon, Carly and I hired a car and drove to the black glacier just south of Bariloche. Amazing. The drive took us about 2 or 3 hours and it was almost permanently on stone roads, god knows what the suspension will be like on the car now. Pretty buggered i´d imagine...





The weather was appalling but the glacier was worth it. It was stunning and the landscape on the way to the glacier was something else.



Beautiful lakes of blues, aqua marines and the kind of green you find near glaciers against the backdrop of magnificent, proud mountain ranges. Out of this world.







Met up with Bob (Holland), Laurie (UK), Ollie and Charles (UK) last night and we dominated the pool table. Took me back to bunking off lectures at Uni to play pool at the student union. Ha ha....

Woke up this morning and decided i´m done with lake and mountain views. Time to sample the wines of Mendoza. I´ve just booked my bus ticket and I now can look forward to 16 hours of rolling countryside from the bus before I get to Mendoza hopefully fresh enough to enjoy the first day.

Check out the sunset...



We´ll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The most transformational generation?

When i think about my generation I can't help feeling that we've gone through more transformational change them any since the indu...