Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 35 - Rio de Janeiro

Last night I was feeling exhausted.... needed to recharge my batteries so I was looking forward to having a quiet one. So imagine my surprise when I found myself at a boat party on the harbour and dragged my weary carcass back to the hostel at 5.30am this morning.... ooops...

The party was good fun and the views of Rio were breathtaking. You can see the statue of Christ from everywhere in Rio...

I met up with Jay (UK), Matt and Ben (US) Jairu (Costa Rica) and Trent (Australia) so it was good to know people ahead of the boat party. It´s quite weird watching people trying to dance on a boat on the harbour. You see them collectively shuffle from left to right, right to left as the boat sways while they still try and maintain their dance style. Hilarious.

Today I woke up at about 11.30am and pretty much hung around the hostel until 2ish. I met Mark (UK) and we went to check out Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon beaches... amazing views.

From Andy´s Travel April to May


From Andy´s Travel April to May


From Andy´s Travel April to May


From Andy´s Travel April to May


From Andy´s Travel April to May


Went to watch the football and then had a nana nap..

Tonight, we see what the bars in Copacabana have to offer.. Should be fun.

1 comment:

The most transformational generation?

When i think about my generation I can't help feeling that we've gone through more transformational change them any since the indu...