Thursday, July 16, 2009

Days 95 to 106 - The UK days (July 5th to 16th)

Well... nothing much to report here at Andy's Travels HQ. Really this last couple of weeks has been guided by my affection towards cricket. The Ashes series is upon us and I never thought i'd be in UK to witness it.

About a year ago I had visions of me sneaking to the TV to snatch a glance at a few overs in the early hours... thoughts of Tony Greig bawling at the bowlers to.... "get it up around the throat area" or "give them the short stuff" even to the spinners would have to act as some sort of redundant pacifier for me not being able to watch every ball.... go Greigy you not quite English, not quite South African commentator in Australia.... Where is that accent from??

But here I am, having witnessed a monutmental game of get out of jail performed by England's lower order and tail in Cardiff, I'm now on the precipice of my maiden voyage to Lords.... the home of Cricket.

I've been looking forward to this for a few months now.. Seeing the Ashes series, at Lords on day two... wow... could it get any better... Well, judging by the weather reports.... errr.. yeah it could. Like at least 10 overs would be better than what i'm expecting to see tomorrow... Rain, rain and more rain. It's even started now as I type this... How poetic.

England finished today on 364-6... I suspect that by the end of tomorrow, England will still be only 6 wickets down... unfortunately, they will also still be 364 runs to the good... Rain stops play will be the slogon for Andy incorporated tomorrow, of that I have no doubt.

But, I do get to catch up with Phil and Larks tomorrow evening which will be good. I'll also be able to spend some time with Harry Rowlands on Saturday and see my Uncle, Aunty and cousins on Sunday for a BBQ... All in all, a busy weekend for me.

Jordan beckons in less than two weeks now... what adventures await me there who knows... or India, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam for that matter... Before then... my nephew Finn will bring additional colour to my life next week when I pop up to stay with my Brother and Sister in Law. Can't wait..

Needless to say, the blog will get, hopefully, a little more interesting over the next few weeks and more entertaining with pictures and videos... I've already booked accommodation in Jordan and India... it's so close I can almost taste it...

Roll on part 2 of Andy's Travels. If you're anything like part 1... it'll be an adventure...

That's all from The Scriveners Corner for today... tune in soon for further tales..

No comments:

Post a Comment

The most transformational generation?

When i think about my generation I can't help feeling that we've gone through more transformational change them any since the indu...