Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 23 to 25 (papaya to aubergine)

The last couple of weeks, little munchkin has been a lot more active. The other night I pressed my finger into Lena's tummy and the baby gave me a little kick back to let me know he was there.

Those episodes are getting more frequent and you can now actually see the baby kicks whereas before it was just by touch. It makes it all so much more real and brings it home to me that soon, my responsibilities change yet again.

I keep thinking about small insignificant little things like what our new routine will be in the mornings and evenings. Taking the baby and the dogs out for a walk at dusk. I also thought about the first time I take my son out to give mum a break and how I'll cope. It's nerve wracking stuff but something you've just got to get on with and not overthink - overthinking being a particular delight of mine!

We've also been discussing the room decor. I fully realise my role in this will be agreer and sounding board... There will be something Everton in that room though, that's my only aim...

Someone told me recently that when the baby arrives I should make time for Lena to go out and have time away from the baby. It was great advice as I'll get that space when I go to work but for Lena, there's not much chance unless I make it happen and take on the responsibility of freeing her up to go out an enjoy herself once a week.

We're approaching the third trimester now where I start to count down the weeks as opposed to talk about how many have gone. I'm proud to say that I bought a book about Fatherhood. This is one occasion when I have no plans to try and wing it. It's too important to me and I want to accept my limitations. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

Aside from this, the name game has been on constant replay and the house purchase gives us another challenge to escape too. August can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The most transformational generation?

When i think about my generation I can't help feeling that we've gone through more transformational change them any since the indu...